Nikon D600 full frame dSLR
- announced Sept 2012
- attractively priced and sized to fit between the DX sensor NikonD7000 and the 36mp full frame Nikon D800 dSLR, it has most of the features of the D800 but the AF system of the D7000
- it will be attractive to current DX users wishing to upgrade to full frame, and to D800 users needing a 2nd body.
- it's 24mp sensor makes more sense for most people than the 36mp sensor of the D800 with its 75Mb RAW files using up storage space.
- similar to D800 but:
- 24mp sensor with 10.5mp DX mode
- 39-point AF system with 9 cross-type AF points (same AF system as the D7000)
- AF sensitivity down to -1EV instead of -2EV
- 5.5fps burst mode in FX
- 2,016-pixel RGB TTL exposure metering sensor
- cannot change aperture during movie mode
- 2x SD slots (no CF slot)
- polycarbonate front place
- USB 2.0 not 3.0
- 1/4000th sec shutter, x-sync 1/200th sec
- 141mm x 113mm x 82mm (5.5 × 4.4 × 3.2 in)
- 760 g (1.6 lbs) w/o battery
- $2099 list price plus optional battery grip MB-D14 ($329) which also allows running with 8xAA batteries - now that is handy!
photo/nikond600.txt · Last modified: 2012/11/25 14:01 by gary1